At the beginning of the year I announced that I would probably be moving in a different direction here on my blog in order to cater to the popularity of self-help articles and skin-care related entries here on my site.
As it turns out it was easier said than done.
I only use make-up whenever I’m shooting videos, performing or creating content. In fact I let my skin rest most of the time because I’ve had this theory that that is better long-term. Whenever I leave the house to take care of an errand I’ll normally just put on some foundation, so I always end up with a very natural look.
During a podcast I listened to yesterday it was said that the average woman leaves her house with a 120 chemicals on her body! The greatest offender is apparently perfume since this can cause headaches, etc;
After listening to this very girly conversation I understood why my Skin Care. Red Flag Alert. is so very popular. Women are waking up to a cleaner lifestyle and are not interested in being poisoned long-term by the beauty products that they use!
It was an interesting episode which reminded me of the moment that my song “Toxic” came to me. Originally it was inspired by beauty products but I changed the topic since I didn’t think that it was very “rock’n’roll.”
As more and more women are becoming sceptical of what they put on their skin (which I also read in an article a while back), then maybe my 11 “beauty tips” below will become increasingly relevant.
My tips would be:
- Avoid prescription drugs unless you cannot.
- Don’t use make-up regularly.
- Don’t drink alcohol regularly.
- Don’t smoke.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Try to get hold of good quality food.
- Don’t eat ready meals.
- Only use what you have to use in terms of beauty products.
- Try to establish a routine of doing a face-massage. You can do this yourself. There are plenty of good tutorials on YouTube. Just go on there and do a quick search!
- Try to avoid what makes you emotionally upset.
- Create. If you are not artistic then I would recommend buying a colouring book or puzzles, anything that can get your mind off your troubles and the problems of the world. Journaling is something that is commonly recommended in wellness articles.
Another obvious advice would be to go to bed early, but I’m not very good at this!
In terms of self-help I hope that my upcoming faith-journey videos will help people find happiness. The other day I was listening to a guy who proclaimed that “pain was good for business.” Why? Because you can then offer people a solution to their suffering and make a profit.
What if you could get hold of a solution that was free of charge?
Stay tuned – my faith journey videos will be released soon!
In the meantime: take care!
Lots of love! ❤