The other day I received a request from a follower asking if I could make a video for those affected by Hurricanes Harvey & Irma, here is the result! I hope you guys like it! Please donate to help the victims if you can! I’ve pasted in lots of links to charities in the description of the video! Lots of love to everyone!
Hey there to my blog subscribers!
Today I’m sharing a video of me working on Lakme during a recent singing lesson with my vocal coach who you can check out here: Bel Canto Coach!
I also want to notify my followers that there are only some few physical copies left of my “Battle For The Mind” demo, which will soon be out of print (as they are limited edition) & some very few copies still available of my “I Am” album which will soon be out of stock. If you are interested in getting your hands on a copy then make sure that you buy one from my store! Right here! 🙂
On another note! I’m releasing a new book very soon! This one will be a collection of music related blog entries, published & unpublished 😉 So make sure that you keep an eye on my social media for updates regarding both new music and other projects such as books!
I’m still off guitar playing though and can’t wait to get back. This has been a frustrating experience to put it mildly 😦
Here is the last part of my latest interview: Read here \m/
Take care & see you next month \m/ New Music coming soon!!!!!
Hey there to my blog subscribers! So today I’m sharing what I already shared on my Instagram which is that I’m off guitar playing for 6 weeks (!) due to straining/snapping something in my shoulder… (due to crazy guitar playing)…
I heard a sound coming from my shoulder area when it happened and couldn’t even pull a sweater over my head. I was pretty much in constant pain for 17 days before it finally started to ease off….
I find it interesting how an injury presents itself eventually when you reach and try to maintain the “perfect form”… because ironically this means that you have to “get back into shape” again after having a break….there’s probably a reason as to why I’m the only guitarist doing what I’m doing….
I will go back to my previous approach to things, with a little updated twist….I used to have a membership in a running club (I’ve joined a torture club.) and all of these runners were always plotting how to work towards a peak performance by constantly altering and updating their exercise regiment, which is precisely what I do as well when it comes to a certain thing I’m doing 😛
Which has made me wonder if I should write a guitar book to share my experience as nobody else has done what I’ve done on the guitar. Recording the impossible, having no references and nobody to look to, playing the impossible live on a proper stage, dealing with deadlines, dealing with injuries, picking the right songs, saying yes to the wrong songs, playing with no metronome – only feel, being chased by backing tracks, finding the right tone, having the wrong equipment, finding beauty and ultimately get involved with what I just was involved with… which has opened up a whole new way of looking at a certain genre… in terms of how things can be creatively approached.
One thing is for certain and that is that creativity always finds a way, always finds a solution because creative minds never rests unless forced to.
So as I’ve been laying here in pain I’ve re-arranged a whole lot of songs mentally as well as pretty much “finalising” my vocal training after all these years. I can now sing what I always wanted to sing and have been asking myself: what comes next when I know all these pieces that are meant for my voice type?
There is no next unless I one day can write or co-write something entirely new for voice, preferably in Norwegian. Which certainly sounds ambitious at the moment as I’m not a composer as of now but rather a songwriter.
Anyway, keep an eye on my blog and my social media for updates as I’m releasing new music soon! Get to hear the reason for my pain 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛
As you can see…I’ve done my best to gain some pounds……because that’s what you do when you can’t play….I have every intention to contribute to NHS’s outrageous expenses in relation to obesity. So I’m doing my best to worsen their statistics as one does.
I’ve also kept busy trying to turn my brother into a meme….sadly that was not successful… 😦 or at least for now….
I was happy when we had some snow. As snow is the most beautiful thing in the entire world. Period. ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Oh yes….the geese are back in town 😛 #swag
😀 Hey to all of my subscribers here on my blog! Today my interview over at the BBC was aired, listen to it right here :):):):)
You can hear me shred variation 1 from Paganini’s Caprice 24 live, you’ll also hear me play something from my original heavy metal song “Thou.”
I’m particularly happy with how it turned out as I had a very long break from playing right before the interview, so it was good to hear that I delivered even though I felt, at the time, that my form wasn’t optimal :):):):) I guess I know how to play 😛
This is the first time I’ve performed anything live on National British Radio 😉 🙂 Thanks a lot to BBC3 & Tom Service! I think this is really cool :):):):):)
2016 was a year of welcomed stability as my mother re-married and we finally regained a traditional family structure. It has been great to see the effect it has had on my younger siblings 🙂 The year also brought with it an abundance of bad news health wise as pets and family members, young and old suffered from prolonged illnesses resulting in some loved ones leaving us for good 😦 My year was dominated by a secret project that I hope will result in a major announcement very soon, so keep your fingers crossed for me! Here are the highlights from the year that was:
- The Secret Project. This took up the majority of the year and resulted in some truly awesome material! I hope I get to share it with you guys soon!!!
- Senkveld Norway. This was the first time I actually rocked out on TV so that was really awesome! I’ve been on various tv-shows in my home country before but I had never done anything like this before 😉
- BBC3. My first time shredding on National Radio in the UK! I had one of my original songs aired on BBC6 last year, I’ve previously been a guest on BBC Berkshire, but BBC3 is the biggest radio show I’ve done so far, so keep an eye on BBC3 & Tom Service on January the 15th 2017! 😉
- Laney box in Argentina. The first time my face was featured on a product from a major brand! I had no idea they did this!
- “She Rocks” commercial. I thought that this was quite cool, here I am in good company on the red carpet in L.A.
- “Paganini Cap.24” going viral on FB. Even though my music video for Caprice 24 was originally released in 2014 on Youtube, a site in Mexico decided to share it on their Facebook page this year, which resulted in the video piling up views quickly on the social media site 😉 I was very happy to see the video going viral again gaining some new ground!
- The Metal album. In April this year I finally released my first metal album “I Am.” So far I’ve released 2 music videos from it; my re-work of “Immigrant Song” which was mentioned in Classic Rock Magazine and “If The Dead Ones Could Talk” which was re-tweeted by the author who inspired me to write the track. If you haven’t checked out the album yet make sure that you do!
- I completed pre-production for album 3. During the two first months of the year I completed the arrangements and demos of a body of work that I’ve given the work title “album 3.”
- The album with Craig. “2 Guitars – The Classical Crossover Album” charted again this year several times which of course makes me very happy. It has continuously been in the charts since its release in December 2014!
- I shared the stage with Craig again! This year I did some pretty cool private gigs in beautiful settings, this also involved playing live with Craig again which was amazing. The concept of the electric guitar vs. the classical is something that I’m really proud of.
I'm looking sooo forward to doing #gigs with @craigogdenguitar 😊 This is so much fun!!!!! Check out our #1 @amazon #bestseller #album 😊 "2 guitars: The classical crossover album" 😊#brahms #paganini #classicalguitar #electricguitar @officialibanezguitars @laneyamplification @drstrings @emgpickups @audixmics #artist #duo @classicfm #classical #classicalmusic #music #musician @deccaclassics #youtube #youtuber
My top blog entries this year:
- 28 Pictures of Severus Snape. This entry was my most popular this year. ❤
- Stop The Apocalypse.. I was surprised to see the support from my fans, I honestly thought that everyone would disagree with me.
- Wedding Pictures + Other Pictures Taken In June.
- The Presidency. I’m amazed at how immaturely the election was handled by many. What a circus. It cannot be easy when the chief manipulators of popular sentiment all of a sudden lose. What happened to all of those celebrities who were going to move to Canada? And why Canada? Why not Mexico?
- Goodbye August, Hello September!
- How To Have Fun – According to Moi.. Me being happy about my artistic progress 🙂
- I LOVE to play guitar. In case you wondered….
- AND THE WINNER IS…... This competition had lots of people baffled.
- NATIONAL TV-SHOW IN NORWAY !!! I had a blast doing this!
- 20 PRACTISE TIPS FOR GUITARISTS!!!!!! ( Part 3/5 of my “10 year Guitar Anniversary” entries ).. This blog entry from last year made this year’s list as well!
It’s hard to pick a personal favourite among my blog entries as I’m very happy with the direction my writing has taken. My entries were more entertaining last year, but there are plenty of people who provide “light content.” I wish that the world was a perfect place but it isn’t, if I was to have one “new year’s wish,” I would want the general western pop-culture to change from ethnomasochism & negativity to pride & positivity.
- Tears & Self Hate Is The Remedy.
- The Complexity Of Citizenship & Governance.
- Capitalism & Evidence Against The Myth That Only White People Are Guilty Of Colonialism.
- White Like Snow.
- The Battle That Can’t Be Won.
- Charlie Hebdo & Blasphemy.
These were my personal favourites among my Instagram photos:
#behindthescenes from the #design of the #physical #cd \m/ Order your #signed copy today! I'm sending out my new #album next week :):):):) @guitarworldmagazine @revolvermag @metalhammeruk @officialibanezguitars @drstrings @laneyamplification #guitar #guitarist #shred #shredder #singer #songwriter #artist #vocalist #metal #metalhead #rock #rocknroll #punk #crossover #norwegian #scandinavian #music #musician
The physical #album is here! Ha-ha I'm so excited! Get your signed physical copy now! LINK in bio! @guitarworldmagazine @metalhammeruk @revolvermag @totalguitar @officialibanezguitars @laneyamplification @drstrings @emgpickups @audixmics #artist #music #musician #shred #shredder #guitar #guitarist #singer #songwriter #metal #metalhead #rock #rocknroll #crossover #punk #pop #hardrock #alternative
So in London you cannot leave water bottles for joggers during the London Marathon without them being stolen, but here in the #cotswolds farmers do business like this. How you doin'! #country #countrylifestyle #countrylife #england #britain #britishcountryside #oldschool #theshire #farm #freerange #eatlocal
Joey Jordison has a daughter 😂 Keeping it #goth & #metal at the @sherockstheplanet #redcarpet in #losangeles 😈 Check me out in this cool #commercial featuring @malinamoye @theqof & @sheilaedrummer among others out on #youtube now @ SheRocksThePlanet & @ Thecommanderinchief1 #rocknroll #rock #crossover #metalchick #metalhead #singer #songwriter #guitarist #shred #norwegian #joeyjordison #slipknot
Hear me #shred tonight @senkveldtv2 with @espenlind_ @harald_ronneberg @markusneby @odinlandbakk & Torstein Flakne \m/ TUNE IN AT 22.15 (Norwegian time) on @tv2 #tv2 😈 This was a hell of a lot of #fun 😈😈😈😈😈 #metal #rocknroll #guitar #tvshow #music #musician #guitarist #artist #senkveld #rockstar #nationaltv #talkshow #showbiz #norwegiantv #thomasogharald
With my extension I can literally play with my @laneyamplification #pulse in the #garden 😇 wo-ho 😇 prepping for #gig on Saturday & my #laney pulse #video :):);) @guitarworldmagazine #guitarist #guitar #shred #music #musician #artist #singer #songwriter #metal #classical #crossover #rocknroll @rollingstone #metalhead #classicalmusic
I hope that 2017 will be a great year filled with beauty ❤ I wish you all a happy new year! Hugs & Love! ❤
Just making those of you who follow my blog aware of the fact that there is a NEW video with me OUT NOW! If you want some tips on how to learn guitar quickly and in an easy fun way check it out! ALSO – if you want to improve your guitar skills or learn how to shred I offer guitar lessons over Skype, so make sure you order some from my website before it’s too late 😉 I teach all levels and will custom make your lessons to fit your specific needs! If you want to learn how to sing and master the old-school Italian bel canto technique as well make sure you check out the video with my mom and me 😉 Lessons can be ordered through my website, don’t miss out!