Whaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! I can’t believe it! Every single time I nearly faint and fall off my chair! I’m stoked! 4 years and still going strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not that long ago I blogged about my album hanging in the charts once again, even jumping up, well now my fans decided that the album deserved to be in the top spot once again! For all I know maybe it went to Nr.1, because I haven’t really been checking the charts since my last long joyous outburst on here! – Actually now that I think of it I did see that it had jumped up to 25, but forgot to post about it! Turns out I didn’t have to promote it because it went up even further anyway! 😀 😀 Wo-ho wo-ho wo-ho wo-ho!!!! 😀 😀
On the 1st of May I was here:
But now I’m here:
I’m also here:
Thank you and thank you and thank you and thank you! Just imagine if I had a proper marketing budget for this thing! Wha-ha wha-ha I know I have a hit! 😀 A hit!!! A hit!!! Ti-hi-hi-hi-hi-hi-hi-hi-hi-hi-hi-hi-hi-hi-hi-hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was super stoked when it initially charted pretty low in Germany, the USA, and whatnot, during the release week in 2014, then I nearly died when it went up to Nr.1 in early 2015, I don’t know what to say anymore because this thing just keeps on charting in various categories as well 😀 Zombie album deluxe – I’m so glad!!!!! Nothing feels better than to sell music 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 I’m the most grateful and happy musician ever!!!! Thanks, thanks,thanks, thanks, thanks & thanks again! ❤ 😀 ❤ 😀 ❤ 😀
Here are my two latest videos by the way, if you haven’t seen them! 🙂 ❤ 🙂 ❤ 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
Seriously…I took a break today from my metal-album in the works to re-visit “Zigeunerweisen” & “Introduction & Rondo Capriccioso” and O-M-G do I love this material.
It’s so cool to be able to play this kinda stuff it’s really hard to describe it.It makes me so happy whenever I play this, it’s so intriguing and it makes me so happy when I get it right. I don’t think anything else can compare.
I so wanna do more live gigs with this kinda stuff. It is so much cooler to do the classical guitar meets electric guitar concept, waaaaay cooler than the metal 😛 ha-ha
This is so fucking cool.
This is even cooler. Like, this is my favourite piece to play. I love this so much!
check out the tango….hmmm…that’s me folks \m/
love love love love love love love love love love this!!!!!!
My first month blogging has now come to an end!
People from 58 different countries have visited this page and out of those my top 3 countries are:
1)USA 2)UK 3)NORWAY, which doesn’t come as a surpriser to me as these have always been my top 3 countries both with sales, social media traction, etc.
My top 3 referrers are:
1)Facebook 2)Twitter and 3) Search Engines
The top 3 links people clicked:
1) WordPress Media-(my pictures) 2) Guitar World link 3)Link to my store.
I’m glad I decided to do this and will do my best to keep it up! These are my top stories from this month:
1) “Getting Back Into The Zone!” I shared this entry on FB and saw to my great surprise that it went on to become my top entry this month! Me getting back into “virtuoso-shape” clicked with fans and the entry was shared & viewed by many. https://thecommanderinchief.wordpress.com/2015/03/21/getting-back-into-the-zone/
2) “I’ve joined a torture club.” Totally “taking-the-piss” as they say in the UK. This became my most viewed entry this month! I think thats really funny actually! https://thecommanderinchief.wordpress.com/2015/03/27/ive-joined-a-torture-club/
3) “Happy Mother’s Day to my mother.” This personal entry surprised me with becoming my most shared entry! I don’t know if people did that because they loved it or hated it, it was at least honest from my part and the rest of the family loved it too. https://thecommanderinchief.wordpress.com/2015/03/14/happy-mothers-day-to-my-mother/
4) “20 Badass Women!” To mark The International Womens Day I compiled this list! 8th of May is a day to celebrate, regardless of your political affiliation! https://thecommanderinchief.wordpress.com/2015/03/08/20-badass-women/
5) “The Hills are Alive with the sound of music.” My very first blog entry that I posted on FB along with the news that I was blogging! I was very surprised by the amount of interest and instantly had people signing up for my email list on here. In the entry I was totally stoked over my album being in top-10 chart and went out for a daring walk…in the wilderness of the British Countryside…The amount of views this article got was only surpassed by my “Torture-Club” entry. https://thecommanderinchief.wordpress.com/2015/03/02/the-hills-are-alive-with-the-sound-of-music/
My least popular entries suffered greatly from not really being shared anywhere, these are posts I made usually very late in the night and didn’t promote on FB.
1) “Illustrations For Children’s books“. Getting attention for original art is usually a slow burning process, this entry was my least successful this month. https://thecommanderinchief.wordpress.com/2015/03/22/illustrations-for-childrens-books/
2) “St.Patricks Day a Christian Holiday?” – Writing about the origins of this used-to-be-religious- holiday gained NO traction. Guess if I had posted a top 10 most outrageous outfits it probably would have trended like crazy. https://thecommanderinchief.wordpress.com/2015/03/17/st-patricks-day-a-christian-holiday/
3) “#1!My album is #1!” Written by an overly tired, overly excited, sleep deprived me and published around 3AM or something, my exctatic post about my number one album received little buzz on my blog. https://thecommanderinchief.wordpress.com/2015/03/24/1-my-album-is-1/
4) “I’ve become addicted to blogging!” nobody cared much about that. https://thecommanderinchief.wordpress.com/2015/03/17/ive-become-addicted-to-blogging/
5) “Dragon Age Inquisition!” It was well liked on youtube and got an overwhelming response on FB, but here on my blog besides a couple of gamers who stumbled upon this from search engines, it earned little buzz. https://thecommanderinchief.wordpress.com/2015/03/19/dragon-age-inquisition-m/
Conclusion: It is unpredictable what will trend and what won’t, but sharing entries on FB certainly helps, especially if you have a featured image that catches peoples attention. Also, the one beauty related entry I did about nail polish got many likes from other wordpress bloggers, girls blogging about beauty tips. Which proves that certain topics can trend even without Social Media help, it’s just hard to know what will and what won’t.
Petitions I’ve signed! It has never before been easier to voice your opinion and hopefully contribute to some positive change! I’ve always hated injustice. When I was in high school I was a member of the Amnesty International Club, but at the time I felt like it was too passive to just sit and sign letters. I really wanted to bring CHANGE with big huge letters, but it can be hard to know what to do. Outside of signing petitions, writing letters and putting pressure on elected officials, the only other options are angry protest or running for office. So signing petitions it is, at least for the moment . . .
Overturn Asia Bibi’s death sentence #saveAsiaBibi https://www.change.org/p/david-cameron-foreign-secretary-philip-hammond-and-the-government-of-pakistan-overturn-asia-bibi-s-death-sentence-saveasiabibi
Pardon all of the estimated 49,000 men who, like Alan Turing, were convicted of consenting same-sex relations under the British “gross indecency” law (only repealed in 2003), and also all the other men convicted under other UK anti-gay laws. https://www.change.org/p/british-government-pardon-all-of-the-estimated-49-000-men-who-like-alan-turing-were-convicted-of-consenting-same-sex-relations-under-the-british-gross-indecency-law-only-repealed-in-2003-and-also-all-the-other-men-convicted-under-other-uk-anti-gay-2
We Want Facebook To Remove Having To Pay To Reach Fans And Followers https://www.change.org/p/facebook-we-want-facebook-to-remove-having-to-pay-to-reach-fans-and-followers
Pass the new ordinance to allow street vendors to earn an honest living!https://www.change.org/p/chicago-city-council-pass-the-new-ordinance-to-allow-street-vendors-to-earn-an-honest-living
BBC: BRING BACK CLARKSON https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson
The only campaign that reached its goal, was the one about Clarkson, that says a lot about our celebrity driven culture!
I’ve had an extremely eventful day today! With the exception of an exhilarating, mind bending gallop to the mighty gas station…
I’ve been inside all day working on my new online store. The truth though is that I’m quite proud of this 😀 I got t-shirts, plates, iPad covers & even a watch design 😉 hi-hi…
Anyway…. It’s amazing how certain things that seem so simple can drag out for ever… and ever….aaaaand eeeeveeeer… aaaaaaaaaand..eeeeeeveeeeeeeer…
That’s right folks! Spring is just around the corner \m/
While an appetiser of spring was lurking outside, flirting with whomever was lucky enough to be out in the sun, I was involved with an adventurous archeological excavation in my music room.
Considering how extensive my gear collection is, it was quite an undertaking.
Selling both of those along with the cabinet on the top of my post today. eBay here I come.
The fun never ends 😛
For sometime people have been telling me that I should have my own Blog and every time someone has suggested this I’ve been asking myself: Blog about what? Guitars? My endless daily practice routines? Outside of music I think my life is utterly un-bloggable, so the idea seemed ridiculous. This year though after realising that pretty much everyone has a blog, I figured I should start one as well, and write about things that are “un-bloggable” and/or whatever comes to my mind; Like my old sweater for example 😛 or bad hair days or maybe no-make-up-selfies 😛
Everyday pretty much I go for a run or quick walk (it is usually 6 miles), and considering how uneventful that is, I figured that would be a good starting point for this under-whelming concept.This is why I decided to call it “The Daily Walk” as I thought that this might sound mundane enough. People often assume that the lives of artists are 10x more eventful than their own, but the truth is that if you are ever to master an instrument, repetition and routine are key elements. If I was to publish my practise diary ( yes I actually have one ) or if I was to film a normal day in my life, it would either involve me travelling to do a performance, or me just sitting still with my instrument, playing the same thing over and over again. The truth is dear reader, I believe you would be bored to death 😉 Let me then introduce you to my very un-bloggable blog, let’s see how it goes!