The other day I received a request from a follower asking if I could make a video for those affected by Hurricanes Harvey & Irma, here is the result! I hope you guys like it! Please donate to help the victims if you can! I’ve pasted in lots of links to charities in the description of the video! Lots of love to everyone!
Hey there to my blog subscribers!
Today I’m sharing a video of me working on Lakme during a recent singing lesson with my vocal coach who you can check out here: Bel Canto Coach!
I also want to notify my followers that there are only some few physical copies left of my “Battle For The Mind” demo, which will soon be out of print (as they are limited edition) & some very few copies still available of my “I Am” album which will soon be out of stock. If you are interested in getting your hands on a copy then make sure that you buy one from my store! Right here! 🙂
On another note! I’m releasing a new book very soon! This one will be a collection of music related blog entries, published & unpublished 😉 So make sure that you keep an eye on my social media for updates regarding both new music and other projects such as books!
I’m still off guitar playing though and can’t wait to get back. This has been a frustrating experience to put it mildly 😦
Hey there to my blog subscribers! So today I’m sharing what I already shared on my Instagram which is that I’m off guitar playing for 6 weeks (!) due to straining/snapping something in my shoulder… (due to crazy guitar playing)…
I heard a sound coming from my shoulder area when it happened and couldn’t even pull a sweater over my head. I was pretty much in constant pain for 17 days before it finally started to ease off….
I find it interesting how an injury presents itself eventually when you reach and try to maintain the “perfect form”… because ironically this means that you have to “get back into shape” again after having a break….there’s probably a reason as to why I’m the only guitarist doing what I’m doing….
I will go back to my previous approach to things, with a little updated twist….I used to have a membership in a running club (I’ve joined a torture club.) and all of these runners were always plotting how to work towards a peak performance by constantly altering and updating their exercise regiment, which is precisely what I do as well when it comes to a certain thing I’m doing 😛
Which has made me wonder if I should write a guitar book to share my experience as nobody else has done what I’ve done on the guitar. Recording the impossible, having no references and nobody to look to, playing the impossible live on a proper stage, dealing with deadlines, dealing with injuries, picking the right songs, saying yes to the wrong songs, playing with no metronome – only feel, being chased by backing tracks, finding the right tone, having the wrong equipment, finding beauty and ultimately get involved with what I just was involved with… which has opened up a whole new way of looking at a certain genre… in terms of how things can be creatively approached.
One thing is for certain and that is that creativity always finds a way, always finds a solution because creative minds never rests unless forced to.
So as I’ve been laying here in pain I’ve re-arranged a whole lot of songs mentally as well as pretty much “finalising” my vocal training after all these years. I can now sing what I always wanted to sing and have been asking myself: what comes next when I know all these pieces that are meant for my voice type?
There is no next unless I one day can write or co-write something entirely new for voice, preferably in Norwegian. Which certainly sounds ambitious at the moment as I’m not a composer as of now but rather a songwriter.
Anyway, keep an eye on my blog and my social media for updates as I’m releasing new music soon! Get to hear the reason for my pain 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛
As you can see…I’ve done my best to gain some pounds……because that’s what you do when you can’t play….I have every intention to contribute to NHS’s outrageous expenses in relation to obesity. So I’m doing my best to worsen their statistics as one does.
I’ve also kept busy trying to turn my brother into a meme….sadly that was not successful… 😦 or at least for now….
I was happy when we had some snow. As snow is the most beautiful thing in the entire world. Period. ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Oh yes….the geese are back in town 😛 #swag
Hi there people 🙂 Today I’m sharing an interview that I recently did with a metal blog 🙂
If you are curious about my upbringing, my take on politics and my music you can check it out 🙂
This is the first interview I’ve ever done regarding my blog!
I have to say that the last 2 interviews I’ve done were really fantastic.
Tom Service proved that great journalism still exists as he knew everything about what I was doing, he did not mention the blog though but he certainly had a great overview and an impressive knowledge of music.
Then enters Mo from Metal Bulletin Zine over in Seattle USA who sent me the most personal questions I’ve received so far from any music journalist!
I’m guessing that these might be questions that those reading my blog would like to ask me.
If you want to read the most politically incorrect interview I’ve done so far you can read it right HERE!!!!!
😀 Hey to all of my subscribers here on my blog! Today my interview over at the BBC was aired, listen to it right here :):):):)
You can hear me shred variation 1 from Paganini’s Caprice 24 live, you’ll also hear me play something from my original heavy metal song “Thou.”
I’m particularly happy with how it turned out as I had a very long break from playing right before the interview, so it was good to hear that I delivered even though I felt, at the time, that my form wasn’t optimal :):):):) I guess I know how to play 😛
This is the first time I’ve performed anything live on National British Radio 😉 🙂 Thanks a lot to BBC3 & Tom Service! I think this is really cool :):):):):)
Just making those of you who follow my blog aware of the fact that there is a NEW video with me OUT NOW! If you want some tips on how to learn guitar quickly and in an easy fun way check it out! ALSO – if you want to improve your guitar skills or learn how to shred I offer guitar lessons over Skype, so make sure you order some from my website before it’s too late 😉 I teach all levels and will custom make your lessons to fit your specific needs! If you want to learn how to sing and master the old-school Italian bel canto technique as well make sure you check out the video with my mom and me 😉 Lessons can be ordered through my website, don’t miss out!
Be careful who you glorify as saints and who you condemn as villains … In this blog entry I offer my predictions regarding Donald Trump’s future, a short tribute to Obama’s historic presidency and a sad political “eulogy” to Hillary Clinton. Enjoy!
The American election of 2016 came to a close yesterday offering a mega-shock to those who mainly rely on “the old media” as their source of information. Hillary Clinton, the ultimate modern-female-role-model; who has on so many occasions come across as a gracious, inspiring, role model for women; suffered a gradual “myth-destruction” drawn out over several years, as the public gained insight into the Clinton Foundation and her shortcomings as a powerful political figure.
After being a popular first-lady and a successful Senator she took the USA with storm back in 2008, as she campaigned to become the Presidential Candidate for the Democratic Party. I volunteered for her back then as I lived in the USA, I even had the great honour of meeting her at an event in Chicago. I was utterly star-struck and amazed. I felt inspired just like so many others and felt that nobody else at the time could challenge her extensive experience. But Hillary Clinton was not in a good place during that particular election, as the upper echelons of society, along with young voters, had decided to elect Obama. Hillary Clinton did not receive as much airtime as Obama, she was under much more scrutiny than Obama, she didn’t have Obama’s “cool appeal,” and she didn’t resonate with the student body in the same way. Obama came across as more radical, more liberal, he was the face of hope and change. He was the future.
Hillary Clinton rightfully challenged Obama, questioning his lack of experience at the time. She was fierce and “in-it-to-win-it.” Yet she did not and this created a certain sense of resentment as the press had undeniably been biased throughout the entire campaign in favour of Barack. Still nothing could beat the disappointment when Hillary Clinton decided not only to endorse Barack Obama but to accept an offer to work under him, a man who she had so relentlessly branded as inexperienced. At that point there were many, myself included, who felt that she was a “sellout.” Working as Barack Obama’s secretary of State didn’t do anything to improve her image. It was a disastrous decision. This was perfectly captured during the infamous Benghazi hearing, when she uttered the now infamous words: “what difference at this point does it make?”
Still there were many who kept on adoring her, something that must have been an increasingly difficult task as Wikileaks unleashed their email flood upon the world. In addition the FBI investigated a criminal action, the type of criminal offence that have sent other “normal” Americans behind bars. But not Mrs.Clinton, she was able to walk free, proving that the governing elite are exempt from the law and justice that all other Americans are subjected to. The documentary “Clinton Cash” concerning Clinton’s extensive corruption did not help matters either and was especially shocking when it came to its portrayal of Clinton’s involvement in Haiti. Ultimately many will claim that Weiner provided the last nail in the coffin when his carelessness resulted in FBI re-opening their investigation regarding Clinton’s emails. Sadly, the Clinton’s did not live up to the image that everyone wanted to believe, myself included. There are still those who love the Clinton’s, despite numerous un-flattering revelations such as their daughter using charity money to finance her very own wedding. The Clinton Foundation is still under FBI investigation.
The reason as to why I feel slightly saddened about Hillary Clinton, is the fact that I would have wanted her to be the role-model that I once thought that she was. Today she closed her bid for the presidency with a wonderful and inspiring speech, worthy of a President and leader; the only draw back being that Wikileaks has seriously damaged Clinton’s credibility when it comes to what she says officially. Nothing of what she says can be believed or trusted at this point.
As A-list celebrities and grassroots supporters cry their hearts out on social media in absolute disbelief over Trump’s victory, I think it will be quite easy to predict what Trump will be up-against. As inspiring as Super Trump‘s exceptional victory is I envision that he will be treated like the “new George W. Bush” in terms of how the press will handle him.
- Any gaffe will be blown out of proportion and serve to solidify the profile of a “silly, unintelligent, buffoon.” This will be done to undermine his credibility and create sensationalized stories.
- As he embarks on his wall-building venture, he will be depicted as a racist. Rather than addressing what a serious problem gang-related violence is in America, the focus will be on Trump’s “excluding nature.” No mention of the potential pitfalls of “not being able to handle” illegal, undocumented immigration.
- When he lifts the restriction on the production of shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal within the US. He will be portrayed as the environment’s Nr.1 Nemesis. No emphasis will be put on his job creation or the power of American energy independence.
- If he manages to make the Keystone Pipeline project move forward, he will be challenged by those who champion the rights of Native Americans and/or the environment. Trump will be labeled a racist and a serious “environmental threat”. No mention will be made of how important it is for America and the west in general to “break-free” from Saudi-Arabian interests nor the idea of reaching a compromise with Native American tribes.
- If Trump cancels billions in payments to the U.N. intended for “climate change programs,” it will be seen as a racist, ignorant, dangerous, measure. His reasons for doing so, which is to improve America’s own environmental needs, will be ignored.
- If he is to cancel every unconstitutional executive order from Obama, he will be seen as super-racist, undermining the legacy of America’s first President of a minority background. Social Justice Warriors will perceive this as being “white-privilege-incarnate.”
- By cancelling all funding to sanctuary cities he will be portrayed as heartless. An article on the matter will preferably feature pictures of little children. This will create a massive backlash and comparisons to Hitler will be rife.
- Deporting criminal illegal immigrants will only increase the Hitler comparisons. Journalists will be on the look-out for emotional pictures, depicting desperation and “authoritarian violence” as criminals are deported. Preferably violently deported as this will create a global backlash. At this point Trump will be globally depicted as a dictator. Many editorials and blog posts will be written about “America’s Descent Into The 4th Reich.”
- By suspending immigration from terror-prone regions, the image of Kaiser Trump will intensify. At this point there will be editorials and blog posts calling for an “intervention.”
- As Trump lower the taxes on corporations, the accusations of him waging a war on the poor will be flying left right and centre. There will be no mention of him granting the greatest tax-reliefs to middle class families. Anti-Austerity protests will unfold and gain global media attention. America will at this point appear to be in severe crisis.
- Trump’s mission to force back manufacturing to the USA will be seen as an environmental disaster due to pollutants from factories. Workers conditions and/or salaries will come under scrutiny even if there is no reason for doing so.
- An expose will be written about private investments into American infrastructure.
- Ending common core will be portrayed as the establishment of Trump-Jugend.
- By repealing Obama-care it will be solidified once and for all, that Trump is waging a war against the poorest of the poor. No mention will be made of the shortcomings or failings of Obama-care, nor will Trumps suggestions regarding health care receive any exposure unless it is negative.
- The Proposed Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act, will be critiqued for “not-doing-enough” or will simply be ignored.
- As more police officers will be employed to “clean up” criminal neighbourhoods and dangerous communities, he’ll be accused of constructing a “police state.” This can cause sensational headlines as great numbers of minorities in destitute areas are affiliated with gangs. Radical activists can therefore greatly expand on racial-tensions, intensified during Obama’s presidency, to create instability within the USA.
- Trump’s plan to put greater emphasis on National Security and stricter screening procedures regarding immigration, will only solidify the image of Trump’s 1984 Dystopia.
- Trump has promised to clean up corruption in Washington. This will be portrayed as a political-coup. Where Trump will be accused of persecuting the opposition.
- Finally, Trump previously stated that he would prosecute Hillary Clinton, due to her criminal actions. This will not be seen as justified, but rather be perceived as him imprisoning his political enemies. At this point there will be a global demand for Trump’s head if he hasn’t been killed already.
I sincerely hope that Donald Trump’s presidency will be a successful one. I do not believe that the American people will be able to handle anymore broken promises from Washington. Unless Donald Trump is able to truly “Make America Great Again” I fear what the future might hold for the USA. I love America, I’ve lived there on three separate occasions, I’ve got American family and want to see the nation thrive.
I found Barack Obama’s speech concerning Trump’s victory and America’s future very good. The current President showcased once again his ability to inspire and handled the defeat of the democratic party in an elegant and presidential way. I’ve never been a massive fan of Obama’s politics but that doesn’t mean that I don’t see his symbolic value. I remember the grim, pessimistic attitudes that I encountered among Afro-Americans when I first moved to Chicago: “This country will never elect an Afro-American President” I heard over and over again. But lo-and-behold, that’s precisely what happened in 2008 demonstrating that America truly does offer “opportunity to all” and that “dreams do come true”. I had a tear in my eye as I saw the Obama’s announce their victory and as a sister of an American of Afro-American heritage, Obama’s victory makes me deeply emotional to this day. Seldom has anyone been elected with more wide-spread, global goodwill than the current President. He had the opportunity of being “the great uniter” but proved to actually accomplish the total opposite, sadly.
Barack Obama became the president that made LGBT completely mainstream, pop and accepted in the USA and I believe that this was a great and major accomplishment. He put great emphasis on environmental issues and tried his best to provide health-care to all Americans regardless of income level. He was a polarizing figure who many will probably judge for “not having done enough” for the Afro-American community besides fueling racial tensions, capitalising on Afro-American hatred towards whites. Many of those who voted for Obama in 2008 elected a man who came from a culture they did not understand, living in a neighbourhood most white people would never dare to set their foot in. Still, one cannot forget the brief moment when Obama was the very symbol of hope.
I certainly have something to thank the 44th President for, as he directly inspired me in regards to my artist name 😉 I lived in Hyde Park, in the former Senator’s neighbourhood, in Regents Park: the apartment complex that he used to use as his safe house. My immediate family shared many an elevator ride with the current President, but I did not believe any of these tales. Friends that came to visit, shyly asked: “was it him we saw on our way through the building?” but I found the idea of Obama walking around the building ludicrous and dismissed it as: “oh, yeah that’s the senators double”. It was not until I literally ran into him, in the back entrance of Regents Park, surrounded by his ever-expanding entourage of secret service agents, that my mouth fell open. My mother couldn’t help herself and stopped him to say: ” I just have to say it – Mr. President” his reply was: “Not yet” looking very serious and thoughtful. Considering that his presidency at this point is nearing its end, I guess I see no harm in sharing my story. But at the time I was always choosy and careful when it came to sharing the story of ” how I got my artist name”, due to Obama’s polarizing effect. Now people are too consumed with their hate or love for Trump anyway. Obama will soon be part of the past. I cross my fingers that America will enter into a new era of prosperity for ALL Americans. I hope that America will rise and become the “the land of freedom and opportunity” once again. Much love and God Bless ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤